Due to popular demand: Here is our knobibrot recipe!
This recipe is by no means the official version you can get at the Cooking Highlander during our festivals. But we love this one to get the festival feeling at home.
First of all, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- Small pides (Turkish bread)
- 5 tablespoons yoghurt
- 2 heaped tablespoons soft curd cheese or cottage cheese
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 to 5 cloves of garlic (to taste)
- Optional: Chives
- Parsley as garnish
This one is totally up to you, but we can recommend some options like:
- cucumber slices
- tomato slices
- Bruschetta tomato salsa
- spicy salsa/sriracha
- Fried onions
- Start with making the sauce. Press the garlic and add it to a bowl with the yoghurt, soft curd cheese and mayonnaise. Mix it and add salt, pepper and chives to taste.
- Slice open the bread in two halfs and toast it in a pan with some butter or olive oil. You can add some garlic to the pan to taste as well.
- Take the bread from the pan and spread a thick layer of sauce on it. Add some parsley as garnish.
- Add all your favourite toppings
Share pictures of your knobi creations with us! What is your favourite topping?