Trolls, nymphs, gnomes, ogres... What are they, those fables lurking around out there, in the forests of our minds?
With riveting melodies and contagious energy, Trolska Polska pulls you into a mesmerizing world full of funny, grim, big and small characters from the nordic fairytales and mythology.
The orchestra consists of young talented trolls, handpicked from the Danish/Swedish folk scene by Danish multi-instrumentalist Martin Seeberg; recipient of the organization DJBFA’s (Danish composers and songwriters) prize of honor 2016 and known from innovative bands such as Sorten Muld, Instinkt, Valravn, Asynje and Virelai.
With countless exotic instruments, the seven piece band awaken giants, elves, pixies, fairies and other beings springing from the dark mossy woods, snowy mountainsides and rolling valleys through the mindscapes of Seebergs lyrical compositions.
For his crooked, almost archaic-nordic compositions, Seeberg recieved the “composer of the year 2014” Danish Music award, for the music from Trolska Polska’s debut album Moss.
Trolska Polska consists of:
- Martin Seeberg - viola, fiddle, composer
- Mads Kjøller-Henningsen - flutes, hurdy-gurdy, bagpipes
- Lasse Væver Jacobsen - nyckelharpa, viola d’amore, fiddle
- Søren Vinther Røgen - 12-stringed guitar, mandolin
- Malte Zeberg - doublebass, mandolin, throatsinging
- Magnus Heebøll - percussion, tabla, jawharps, overtonesinging
- Alexandra Nilsson - cello, fiddle, song
5 August 2023
6 August 2023