The Fae and Pagan Folk band SeeD taps into both the magical world of the Ancient Fae and the modern world of fantasy, dreams and stories, making these worlds collide and converge.
SeeD aim to help the people struggling in this world, to tell the listener tales of the vast Fae realms, to make people laugh and dance, and to inspire them to explore things the modern world has lost. They play original music, most of which is dreamed up, written and composed collectively by the band members. Played only on acoustic instruments, the band’s music sounds both familiar and novel.
Originally formed several years ago as a three-piece band, SeeD have been regulars at Castlefest and have become more widely known on the European Pagan, Medieval, Fantasy and Folk scene, performing in The Netherlands, Belgium, France, Spain, Germany, Italy and the UK. They released two full length albums as a four piece band – “Portal to Elfland” and “Through the Veil”.
Before the lockdown, SeeD had started to record a third album, this time as a five piece with the arrival of Joe Hennon, who has played many times at Castlefest with Omnia and Shantalla.
During 2020 they managed to finish and release two singles, “Het Vergeten Volk” and “Zonnewende”. Both of these songs display a complexity and maturity in SeeD’s music which has been very well received. In fact, Het Vergeten Volk has quickly become a firm favourite and turned up at No.12 in the all-time Castlefest Top 100 on Spotify!
- Lars “Tinkerer of Goblin Caverns & Jack of Trades”: Guitar, Didgeridoo, Davul, Bodhrán & Vocals
- Koen “Paladin of Fair Poetry & Woodwind Realms”: Whistles, Fujara, Overtone Flutes & Vocals
- Robin “Sorcerer of Visual Magic & Conjurer of Epic Merch”: Cajon, Davul & Vocals
- Sara “Bard of Musical Knowledge & Spreadsheets”: Bouzouki, Guitar & Vocals
- Joe “Druid of Sick Riffs & Traveller of Borders”: Guitar, Vocals
6 August 2021
8 August 2021